Although large scale reconstruction and renovation works were undertaken on the buildings of this block, no archaeological research has been conducted on the site. Data of the architectural research is also lacking, thus the development of the block can be described using the sparse historical sources available. It is known that the western edge of the block was occupied by the customs house from the 15th century. Possibly, a row of land plots owned by townspeople ran along the whole block and the ends reached the raised slope of the River Nemunas. Stone buildings, as far as can be told, were first constructed here at the beginning of the 17th century. The residential buildings of the first half of the 17th century, which had been adapted for the needs of the Lutheran consistory, stood facing the main street. The building on the corner of Kuzmos and Naugardo streets stands out for its expressive façades, and is finished in grey plaster. In the middle of the 17th century the construction of this building was overseen by Hanusas Naugardas, Kaunas magistrate advisor and member of the Lutheran parish council. This building was handed over to the Lutheran parish in 1676.